The E.W. Scripps Company
RADIO: Chief engineer F/T
|Return to Postings|
Friday, 10th March 2017
Wednesday, 10th May 2017
Responsible for technical administration and staffing as well as maintenance and repair of broadcast systems and equipment.
Communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel. Keep up to date with technical credentials and keep pace with technological advancements.
* Manage and direct engineering and technical support for radio station(s), offices, and studios.
* Manage skilled contract RF maintenance engineer.
* Maintain facilities in compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
* Ensure that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering best practices.
* Monitor health of stations.
* Provide technical on-call support.
* Supervises the installation, maintenance, repair, and operation of equipment utilized in radio studios.
* Maintains records for billing purposes and assesses charges
* Manages the unit budget; prepares periodic reports and budget estimates.
* Maintains parts and supply inventory; trains new personnel in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or comparable experience in Broadcast Engineering.
* FCC General Class License or equivalent.
* SBE Certification at the Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer level or higher is preferred.
* Minimum 5-10 years of experience in an advanced technical position within the field of Radio Broadcast Engineering or a related field.
* Supervisory experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong communication skills; orally and writing.
* Strong attention to detail
* Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations pertaining to radio and television engineering operations
* Knowledge of radio engineering operations including installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of radio networks.
* Knowledge of radio-television safety standards
* Ability to plan, organize , and direct the maintenance and repair of radio equipment
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
* Ability to supervise the work of others
* Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and wiring diagrams
* Skill in the use of specialized equipment commonly used in radio engineering
* Skill in the design of electronic equipment
JESSICA EVANS | RECEPTIONIST
Scripps Media, Inc. | KIVI/KSAW Ch. 6
1866 E. Chisholm Dr. Nampa, ID 83687
Ph: (208) 381-6600 | Fax: (208) 381-6682
The E.W. Scripps Media Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.