ISBA Scholarship Program
For Idaho Students Desiring a Career in Broadcasting
The Idaho State Broadcasters Association, founded in 1950, is organized to further the interests of broadcasters in Idaho. Professional enrichment of the membership is one of the principles of ISBA and, in that context, the encouragement of students considering broadcasting as a career is an important ISBA mission.
Each year ISBA funds at least two $1,000 general scholarships and the Wayne C. Cornils Memorial Scholarship for less advantaged students. We encourage applications from students attending Idaho schools and preparing for a career in broadcasting. Such careers could include: Business Administration, Sales, Journalism, Engineering. We encourage applications from a broad and diverse student population.
- The applicant will be enrolled in an Idaho college or university as a full-time student.
- The applicant will have exhibited superior potential in studies or activities relative to broadcasting.
- The applicant will be recognized and respected by his/her peer group.
- The applicant will have a GPA of 2.0 if in the first two years of school and a GPA of 2.5 in the last two years of school.
All applications must include the following:
- A letter of recommendation from the General Manager of an ISBA member station
- A completed ISBA scholarship application form
- School transcripts
- A one page essay describing your career plans and why you want the scholarship.
Completed applications must be postmarked by March 15 each year and submitted to: