The E.W. Scripps Company
RADIO:Radio Board Operator/Remote Technician P/T
|Return to Postings|
Friday, 10th March 2017
Wednesday, 10th May 2017
Responsible for operating the control board, audio recording, and production equipment during radio broadcasts. Also regulates the timing of programs, making sure logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming elements essential to operations air as scheduled. Set up radio remotes with technical equipment and marketing materials.
* Operate the control board
* Read and follow program logs
* Review and critique information content daily
* Screen listener phone calls.
* Run live show remotes.
* Edit live spots
* Take transmitter readings and ready the next day's logs.
* Assist station departments with timing and scheduling of on air elements.
* Other duties as assigned by manager.
* High School degree required
* Working knowledge and understanding of radio required.
* Prior radio or television experience preferred.
* Radio control board experience preferred.
* Experience with digital production and all-inclusive on-air computer systems preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong problem solving abilities.
* Ability to operate assigned technical equipment.
* Knowledge of basic production.
* High work ethics and standards.
* Ability to operate studio equipment.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Computer proficiency.
JESSICA EVANS | RECEPTIONIST
Scripps Media, Inc. | KIVI/KSAW Ch. 6
1866 E. Chisholm Dr. Nampa, ID 83687
Ph: (208) 381-6600 | Fax: (208) 381-6682
The E.W. Scripps Media Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.